Friday, October 26, 2012

Finding Home: Day 26 Traditions

Is it REALLY day 26 already??? Where, or where has October gone???
But, here we are...with only 5 days left of this 31 Days Challenge set forth by the awesome NESTER.



Day 26

Traditions....I love family traditions, and apparently I have passed that trait onto my children.
I didn't know when I started out being a mom that BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS would turn out this way. But like any good mama...what I started, I MUST keep doing!!


When my children go to bed the night before their birthday...busy little bees (usually just me)
decorate our dining room table, and usually the kitchen too....with whatever "theme" that child is into at the time. This includes birthday banners, pictures, place settings, table-scapes....(you get the general idea.)


When they wake up on the morning of their birthday...it's always so priceless to see the looks on their faces....



I could show about a million pictures of the different themes that have been done....
you can only imagine what my Party Supply Closet I have is stuffed with!!
I never do the same exact thing twice, and I have 4 children: You Do the MATH!!
So if anyone is EVER at a loss at how to quickly pull together a birthday tablescape, let me know....I am BRILLIANT under pressure...especially at 5 am when a child is due to wake up at 6:30 and mama didn't get the table done the night before *shhhh*

So, friends, these are the memories that will last a lifetime...I LOVE giving these memories to my children, and I hope this helps in the great FEELING of HOME I am instilling in them!
~Happy Memory Making~
~Kim


No comments:

This is "What I NEVER knew that I ALWAYS wanted"

A born and raised city girl, finding the country life to be the real me! Every day is an adventure, and each season brings new excitement and experiences. I am learning and loving the path of finding my true passion....making this little farm our HOME!