Saturday, October 6, 2012

31 Days of Finding Home Day 6: That's What I Call Home

Day 6
This 31 Days Challenge IS a challenge, but fun! For this Saturday edition, I am keeping it simple...with a good simple country song!



That's What I Call Home 




There's a house that's a little run downThis city ain't never foundIt's miles and miles from a paved road

That's where we grew upSeven children raised on loveWhen life gets hard that's where we go

Daddy, don't know a strangerA handshake and he's your friendOh, and mama she's an AngelShe'll hold you tight till the heartache ends

Just a place made of nails and woodBut it's the love that makes you feel so goodThat's what I call, that's what I call home

Daddy built it with his own two handsOverlooking his grandpa's landNow through the years a lot has changed

But drivin' up this gravel roadI get that feelin' in my soulI thank God some things still remain

Daddy, don't know a strangerA handshake and he's your friendOh, and Mama she's an AngelShe'll hold you tight till the heartache ends

Just a place made of nails and woodBut it's the love that makes you feel so goodThat's what I call, that's what I call home

Once I get myselfThrough that old screen doorThe world can't touch me anymore

Daddy, don't know a strangerA handshake and he's your friendOh, and Mama she's an AngelShe'll hold you tight till the heartache ends

Just a place made of nails and woodBut it's the love that makes you feel so goodThat's what I call, that's what I call homeThat's what I call home, that's what I call home




 BLAKE SHELTON - THAT'S WHAT I CALL HOME LYRICS 

Farmhouses and country songs....2 of my favorites! Hope everyone has a GREAT Saturday. I have a fun-filled weekend planned here at home. (YEAH!!!!) 
~Kim

No comments:

This is "What I NEVER knew that I ALWAYS wanted"

A born and raised city girl, finding the country life to be the real me! Every day is an adventure, and each season brings new excitement and experiences. I am learning and loving the path of finding my true passion....making this little farm our HOME!