Thursday, October 4, 2012

31 Days of Finding Home Day 4: A Dream Vacation Home

Day 4

Every single one of us has a vacation spot that we keep in our heart...
mine is definitely in the mountains somewhere! I daydream constantly about being able to afford my own piece of paradise (if I won the lottery), and what that peace, I mean piece, would look like! 




I wouldn't require someplace too grande, or formal.....


...just a little dwelling that is all mine, I mean ours. (I guess I would have to share it with my family) :)



The interiors would be rustic, but with all the modern conveniences....I don't want to "rough it", this IS a vacation spot after all!


Large fireplaces, stone, wood....ahh, I can feel the cool mountain air just looking at these spaces.


Now this bathroom probably wouldn't fit inside my little dream cabin, but I LOVE the feel that this room gives.....


I have a lot more inspirational photos that I have saved on my Pinterest board: Colorado Design
Maybe if I click my red shiny shoes together and chant the phrase: "There's No Place Like My Mountain Home", then I will magically be sitting right here:




"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. "
Eleanor Roosevelt 

Where do YOU dream of living someday? Is it for a second home, or full time dream home?
Until I win the lottery, I will just keep on dreaming.....and visit the mountains as often as I can!
~Kim

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We saved up our money and bought our vacation home in the mountains ten years ago! It is my own slice of heaven and it's only a three hour drive from our home. All the modern things we need inside our little log cabin. I swear if I didn't have that place to run away to I would be certifiable insane! I love your blog and glad I popped over from 31 Dayers 2012!

BaileyWife said...

Thanks Lucy for visiting my little blog! And oh, I am a wee bit jealous!!! ~Kim

This is "What I NEVER knew that I ALWAYS wanted"

A born and raised city girl, finding the country life to be the real me! Every day is an adventure, and each season brings new excitement and experiences. I am learning and loving the path of finding my true passion....making this little farm our HOME!