Saturday, October 13, 2012

31 Days of Finding Home: Day 13 House Plans

Day 13

There are so many different styles of homes throughout the world, but the one home style I love best is Farmhouse style. (I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to them!)

My favorite movie house from Practical Magic
I love me an ol' front porch, big country kitchen, clawfoot tubs....
And even though WE ARE NEVER GOING TO MOVE, I have a weird hobby of looking at house plans and designing them in my mind (or sometimes on paper). :)

Here is my recent favorite:

via Houseplans.com



If I EVER had to rebuild- I would seriously consider this home plan. I envision the final product looking a lot like this (but longer, like the plan above):



I have never lived in a 2-story home, but I could definitely call this place HOME.
Here is the original floor plan....that I have tweaked on paper already :)
Main floor:


and Second floor:



I would connect the garage and house with a large laundry room instead of the open walkway. And the laundry area in the original plan would actually become a walk-through pantry off the kitchen.
Definitely re-work the kitchen....NO PENINSULA, have a free-standing island instead.  

via HGTV

I love the mix of open shelving and cupboards in the above picture.

The home would be a perfect rendition of farmhouse style...lots of built-ins, clawfoot tubs, sliding barn-style doors on certain rooms, large white molding, hardwood throughout....oh, my vision is quite detailed!

Now, I promise that I am a very busy person....but these are thoughts that run through my head at night while I am trying to fall asleep. (In MY Dreams).

~Kim

3 comments:

House plans said...

Thanks for the share

Anonymous said...

Cheers

Here is mу homepage ... organic potting soil

ketz said...

There are dozens of house plan styles for you to browse and hundreds in each category, from A-Frame to Victorian, , from small to large, you can find the right home for your family. There are magazines, books and web sites galore that you can search.

Custom Home Plans

This is "What I NEVER knew that I ALWAYS wanted"

A born and raised city girl, finding the country life to be the real me! Every day is an adventure, and each season brings new excitement and experiences. I am learning and loving the path of finding my true passion....making this little farm our HOME!