Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Our new bookcrate

Bookcases are soooo yesterday! We just made a bookcrate....


I started collecting crates over a year ago, and use them all over the house. I bought this one at a garage sale and just didn't know exactly what to do with it. Measuring at 35" long by 14" high....or could it be 14" wide by 35" high? I have been wondering what this crate originated as? It has great worn details so I know it was used often....


We finally got around to putting casters on it, it now has been repurposed as a bookcase bookcrate. Doing this gave it more height and functionality....and it fits perfectly under the window in our front room that faces our fountain.


I display some summer-y nature inspired items...that seem to be the theme in my decor lately...with some "summer reads" that I never have the time to read, but they look good, and this girl can dream of the day that she has that time to sit on the porch, drink a glass of homemade lemonade, and read a good, trashy novel :)



                           Welcome to SUMMER! ~Kim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the crate idea!

This is "What I NEVER knew that I ALWAYS wanted"

A born and raised city girl, finding the country life to be the real me! Every day is an adventure, and each season brings new excitement and experiences. I am learning and loving the path of finding my true passion....making this little farm our HOME!