Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Our Back Porch: A Collected Look


Lately, I find myself spending more and more time on my back porch instead of my front porch swing!
The back has a wonderful view of our farm and all the sights and sounds that come with it.
The afternoon sun is not an issue and neither is ANY hint of the outside world.


This porch is directly off of my coffee room and kitchen, so this is where I grow our herbs.
And look at this twig plant stand I found at a second hand shop the other day!! My herb baskets fit PERFECTLY on it.


This stand is the finishing touch that I needed to complete my favorite outdoor sitting area.
The porch is a collected look just like the inside of my house.

 The center "coffee table" is not an ideal height, but it will have to work for now.

And those gliding chairs ,we just refinished, were my parents, and used to be green....amazing what a little spray paint, sanding, and new stain can do!




I love using inside elements, outside! This rug is an old favorite of mine, and since it hasn't rained in FOREVER, it stays out most of the time. It's a bit softer than most outdoor rugs on the market, and because  it was not expensive (and washable), no worries for me!!


Here is the opposite side....a cheap, lounge chair bought at Target for around $80, a pillow for comfort, and see that awesome twig lantern? I also snagged that at the same consignment shop I purchased the twig table ....pretty good find, huh?


I know summer is all about color....but I always sway toward outdoor colors...
Green and Brown to be exact.
Those, to me, have a soothing, calming effect. 
Now you have seen my best place to start and finish my day...if you are looking for me, you know where to find me!

~Kim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful...I hope our home someday will be as pleasing to my heart and soul as yours is to you!

All my Love
Allyson

P.S. I have to post as anonymous cuz it won't let me post any other way without an account

Anonymous said...

As I have tried so many times I'll try again to share my feelings for your blog! I look forward to each and every line you weave. You are a story teller and should be putting your talents toward writing a book. You have a way with words so few people have and make me want to hear more of the story. You paint a picture about life on the farm that makes me want to run out and buy cows,chikens and every other kind of farm animal I can find. Here waiting for the next adventure from Irishman Acres. Love U's!

This is "What I NEVER knew that I ALWAYS wanted"

A born and raised city girl, finding the country life to be the real me! Every day is an adventure, and each season brings new excitement and experiences. I am learning and loving the path of finding my true passion....making this little farm our HOME!