Sunday, July 8, 2012

Happy Independence Weekend

Well, I couldn't call it Independence DAY, so we called it Independence Weekend, since we celebrated it on July 7th: here are some details of our annual party we host for about 150 of our closest pals!


Even the barn got dressed up for the occasion.



After a weeklong gussy-ing up around the farm and yard...
After painting the garage and powerwashing the floor......
After sweeping the entire driveway.......
After smoking all the meat......
After de-weeding our playground.....
After adding sand to our volleyball court.....
After cleaning and re-cleaning our home......
After buying all the buns, drinks, coolers, ice, etc......
And planning a HUGE firework display......
It's ALREADY OVER...and I don't have many pictures to show this year :(


There was fun had by all, including my little man who is COVERED in WET SAND.


Some got really creative with the food they brought to share...who has the time for this? So cute!


Sierra got to show off her cows to some "City Kids"....just kidding, these little brothers are alway so inquisitive about the cows, and loved to opportunity to pet them.


The firework display was over the top this year and many said it was the
 "Best one yet!"

I got to enjoy some wonderful time with family and friends, old and new!
We never know what the weather will be like, who will show up, or how it's going to end.....but I am, and always will be, so grateful for the times we have with truly the greatest friends (and family) that this BAILEYFAMILY can call "theirs".

We hope next year brings as fun and happiness....and hopefully more pictures!!

I guess that shows how much fun I was having, that I didn't stop long enough to take much:) Now to get some much needed rest, then cleanup the after-party mess, and then rest some more! ~Kim

1 comment:

Vitor Services said...

Hi great reading yoour post

This is "What I NEVER knew that I ALWAYS wanted"

A born and raised city girl, finding the country life to be the real me! Every day is an adventure, and each season brings new excitement and experiences. I am learning and loving the path of finding my true passion....making this little farm our HOME!