Friday, June 8, 2012

Our NEW Entryway

So, here is the final result of our entry way make-over!!!
The railing turned out better than I could have imagined! Thanks to a very thoughtful and diligent artist who let me send him my inspiration photos and bug him every day wanting updates until they were installed...not really, but ALMOST everyday! :)


Our new hand railing going down the stairs...forgot to order that when we first started.... YEAH, our artist, Boonie from http://icanweldanythingbutabrokenheart.blogspot.com/ came through for us and had them installed the day before our big party!!

You can see all our changes here, the doorway trim and the posts were all done with the wood BaileyHusband "salvaged". Then we decided to have all the baseboards moldings be white. That way we were guaranteed we'd have enough wood to finish off the whole space (doorways, windows, etc). And I LOVE the result. The contrast of white on top of the dark floors is exactly the look I wanted. 


The tree mural stayed, as did BaileyHusband's trophy Mule Deer from Idaho....what can a girl do?
The Indian artwork is from a local artist, who just so happens to be a cousin on the Bailey side of our family. 
You would not believe that the Indian is not drawn or painted, but actually made with INK DOTS. 
PURE TALENT!!!!
I like to think I'm a creative person.....but would NEVER have the patience (or talent) to make such a masterpiece!!! You should see all of his other work!!! We actually purchased this at an auction fundraiser....it looks as if it were made for our home and it is my favorite!

This photo above is what the doorway looks like for now. I have gone with a more simplistic approach with all of our renovating. I have plans to make something to hang above the doorway and hope to get that done this summer.....I want it to have our farm name on it and have been scratching down designs on paper. 

Now that I have shown the "AFTER", take a look at the "BEFORE":



I used to hide furniture in front of the railing, trying to disguise it. Although it did seem pretty for years, it was definitely time to go!

And see how the flooring was just cut off? Narrow wood onto the berber carpet made the space seem like an afterthought and not part of our Great Room.


oh.....so pretty now....:) YEAH TO BAILEYHUSBAND (and Boonie) for completing this on time, in budget, and for making this Baileywife finally proud of her Entry into her Home!
~Kim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the natural and rustic look of the collected wood...someday these are going to be amazing little details and stories to share with grandchildren when they come to visit, what a treasure <3

This is "What I NEVER knew that I ALWAYS wanted"

A born and raised city girl, finding the country life to be the real me! Every day is an adventure, and each season brings new excitement and experiences. I am learning and loving the path of finding my true passion....making this little farm our HOME!