Saturday, January 26, 2013

Winter Farm Work

Here, this is a blog about our lil farm and all goes on here....and all I have had on my mind and blogged about for a while is the INSIDE of our home. But, honestly, I have only been doing things inside, not much going on outside....


Until yesterday....ready for a post about some FARM-WORK?
Here it goes.....


Winter farm work is really an oxy-moron. Not much "work" goes on at the farm besides chores (feeding, watering, grooming, etc). But sometimes there are small projects that need tending to.....


Our BIG COWS, aka adults, had an old rusty hay bale ring that was not really doing it's job properly!
This picture was taken right before Clover got inside and all but crushed the rusty old ring!


So, out with the old and in with the new.....with a little help from Wyatt, and myself, (I am a great gate-opener and photographer of all things FARM-ish) hahahaha


See, my mad photography skills here? I know, I should win some sort of prize for this one.....


....but this one tugs at my heart strings a lil more.....such a handsome little fella! :)


And this is as far as I would go into the pasture where Ken was eyeing me.....that bull and I have a love/hate relationship, so thought I should stand back and let the men do their work. 
(don't worry, Wyatt was NEVER in harm's way)


Happy Weekend! 
~Kim

No comments:

This is "What I NEVER knew that I ALWAYS wanted"

A born and raised city girl, finding the country life to be the real me! Every day is an adventure, and each season brings new excitement and experiences. I am learning and loving the path of finding my true passion....making this little farm our HOME!