Monday, August 20, 2012

Trying to find H.O.M.E.

I am a fan of letters....have always displayed my kids' names in their rooms.

But lately I've been looking for H.O.M.E. My plan is to display it here:


This space above our front door is in desperate need of attention. Although, I have been wanting to stick to a  simpler look in our entry....I think my letters will fit in perfectly.

And this is what I have found so far:





The "O" I purchased at an antique store called The Majestic Lion. What a great shopping experience that was! So sad that I didn't get pictures of the store.

The "E", the kids and I found at the West End Architectural Salvage store that I have blogged about recently.

Now, the H and M are getting a little more difficult to find....
so I am thinking that I may have to make my own! Or purchase ones from Pottery Barn:




My inspiration for this project came from this amazing new magazine:


If you haven't heard of it.....I HIGHLY recommend it. Heather Bullard has put together a book-worthy magazine that she will put out 4 times a year. It is well worth the investment, and has 0 (ZERO) advertisements!!! How cool is that?
But I couldn't find a digital copy of the picture I saw in the mag, without snapping a pic with my camera of my favorite page. So I "googled" the homeowner's name and came to her blog:  Amy Hanna, she is a jewelry designer, who happens to have a knack for design! And here is her living room:


See the word NEST on the mantle? Love, LoVe, LOVE it!! 
I'm in love with her whole home actually.

Anyways...the search continues....once I have something in mind that I want to do to my home, it is hard to focus on anything else until it is DONE.....ugh!

Over the weekend, my kids have helped me come up with a plan for the 2 missing letters....
I HOPE and PRAY we can pull it off. Stay tuned for the results......
:)   ~Kim

2 comments:

Harri Davison said...

I love the image with Nest, looks super cool x

BaileyWife said...

me too! You should check out her whole home!

This is "What I NEVER knew that I ALWAYS wanted"

A born and raised city girl, finding the country life to be the real me! Every day is an adventure, and each season brings new excitement and experiences. I am learning and loving the path of finding my true passion....making this little farm our HOME!