Friday, May 25, 2012

Living the DREAM

When it comes to home ownership- there is ALWAYS some project that needs done, updated, weeded, planted, fixed, renovated, etc. But PRIDE in ownership and the love of our home and our land is our biggest motivator.


I keep a quote that I saw in a magazine that sums up how I feel:

"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him"
                                              ~Abraham Lincoln

So, with that said......on to the NEXT project!

BaileyHusband has "voiced" that he is DONE WITH PROJECTS for about another 4 yrs....but on that same day, he decided to tear out some landscaping bushes that were becoming an eyesore. So that leaves this BaileyWife with yet another area to plan, shop for, and ultimately design...OUR BACK PATIO. 

Building our home and then our farm...one animal and one building at a time) takes time, money, energy, creativity, and passion.

For BaileyHusband and myself, there is no other way we like to spend a weekend- either working on our vegetable garden, yard work, or just working with our animals. When our children join in and see something positive in what they are doing- that is just the icing on the cake!


 I know when raising children, we only have the for a short while- spending time together are my favorite types of days. 


 Everyone that knows me, knows my phrase "I like all my chicks under my wings". But as one of my chicks is getting ready to flee the nest- I hope and pray that we've instilled a great sense of home and family that she will take with her in her heart and someday build a home and family that she too will be proud of....


Feeling REALLY sappy,
~Kim

No comments:

This is "What I NEVER knew that I ALWAYS wanted"

A born and raised city girl, finding the country life to be the real me! Every day is an adventure, and each season brings new excitement and experiences. I am learning and loving the path of finding my true passion....making this little farm our HOME!