Monday, March 19, 2012

This weekend


 We were needing another pen made for our bull to keep him away (and us safe! ) while we train our calves. So my handy husband got to work! I love this old gate, and told him that I don't want it re-painted, I love the patina it has. We took advantage of kind Mother Nature this weekend and got the whole family to work. We cut down flower beds, removed dead trees and landscaping, raked the yard, fertilized the pasture, swept patios, washed down patio furniture....this Mama absolutely lives for this family and farm bonding time. There is so much to do still, and the list is long, but luckily we got a great head start!




Grass is turning green......








                                       

.......Perennials are playing peek-a-boo........


....Sand holes dug to China, thank to 2 lil diggers......
.












                                                                       


 
Project Clean-up has begun at Irishman Acres.....


I am now dreaming of freshly potted flowers, my fountain flowing, and sipping iced tea on the porch....
Hey, a girl can dream!!!    Hope everyone else enjoyed their weekend!   Kim

No comments:

This is "What I NEVER knew that I ALWAYS wanted"

A born and raised city girl, finding the country life to be the real me! Every day is an adventure, and each season brings new excitement and experiences. I am learning and loving the path of finding my true passion....making this little farm our HOME!