Saturday, December 1, 2012

Our Christmas Tree 2012





When planning the layout of our home.....14 years ago, we were a very "young" family with 2 small children.
We did not know much in design or what we really wanted. But one thing we agreed on and had enough thought in was our Front Room. Baileyhusband affectionately named it our Christmas Tree Room. 

Bailey Christmas Tree 2012

Going to the tree farm is interesting for our family.... it is always a negotiation when all 6 of us go in different directions and have our "Favorite"....


It's a small one this year....just 6-ish feet tall.


 I honestly don't think we have all agreed on which one to get....and in the long run, it doesn't matter, because once it is in our home and decorated...it is agreed to be the best one yet!!

I have a sort of love affair with nature....birds.....nests......and snowflakes! And my tree is an assortment of all of that. 







feathers via Felipe our White peacock, naturally shed




My children have a tree in our lower level that they get to decorate with all of our "family type" of ornaments (i.e. hodgepodge, theme-y, personalized) and it is perfect for their space! I will show that room on another day this month....



Follow along at The Lettered Cottage to see more Holiday Home ideas....and I will be back in the days to come and will show you the rest of our rooms!

Merry Decorating!
~Kim

4 comments:

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Wow- that is so cool! I love the family picture in front of the tree too!

BaileyWife said...

Thanks Megan! These are the BEST of days and awesome memories with all my kids! Thanks for "visiting"!

Elisabeth said...

I love your tree and the metal container it's setting on. Cute!!

رزرو هتل در اصفهان said...

In 2015 I have tree like your tree.

This is "What I NEVER knew that I ALWAYS wanted"

A born and raised city girl, finding the country life to be the real me! Every day is an adventure, and each season brings new excitement and experiences. I am learning and loving the path of finding my true passion....making this little farm our HOME!