Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Our Christmas Mantel 2012

In true Baileywife fashion....I am NEVER done decorating!
I tweek, I re-do, I OVER-THINK....

Our "finished" (for now) Mantel 2012

Sweet little Cowboy Santa given by my mama



With all the technology overload that is becoming "normal" (and fun!),
like Pinterest, blogs, etc.....I am even more perplexed on how to decorate for Christmas this year!

Not that my home will ever get into the pages of a magazine, or Martha Stewart will ever come and visit MY home....but someone inside me wants it to be perfect...FOR MY FAMILY. I want it to reflect who we are, and show what matters to US. 


I have become OBSESSED with "natural" decor, re-purposed items, and doing all our decor on a very tight budget. The only new item I have purchased for this holiday decor season is wrapping paper! :)


I had my boys cut some grapevine from our fence rows, and stuck it here, there, and everywhere.
And made a garland with some twiggy stars that I've had and jute twine that I have purchased by the truckload! 



Here is how my mantel started out...I actually thought I wanted a very "simple" look this year, and contemplated just throwing up the stockings and calling it good.

My not-so-merry start to decorating this year


My children begged me to add "more Christmas" to the room and fireplace. And to be honest, I just wasn't feeling it either....and needed that extra nudge to re-think and get more creative. 


I am so happy that I did...and looking into this main focal point of our Coffee Room, I am pleased with the result, and the fact that I did not spend a dime!

These are the Parties I have linked to....check them out!



~Kim

6 comments:

Taunnie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BaileyWife said...

Thank you Taunnie for your very sweet comment....however, my chubby fingers on my phone accidently deleted the comment...and I SO DID NOT MEAN TO!!!! I hope you come back and visit again! Thanks!!!! ~Kim

Taunnie said...

Hi Kim, I think I said something like I love the warmth and comfort of your home and I think it is totally magazine worthy!

Stacey said...

So pretty!
Would love if you stopped by the Holiday Linky Party - mantels - to link it up! The party is happening NOW!
Stacey of Embracing Change
http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

BaileyWife said...

Thanks for the invite Stacey! Just linked up!!

Stacey said...

Very pretty and I love those lanterns!
Thanks for linking up to the Christmas Mantel Linky Party at Embracing Change!
Stacey

This is "What I NEVER knew that I ALWAYS wanted"

A born and raised city girl, finding the country life to be the real me! Every day is an adventure, and each season brings new excitement and experiences. I am learning and loving the path of finding my true passion....making this little farm our HOME!