Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Around Our Home 2012

Deck the Halls with boughs of holly....FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA



Tis the season to be jolly.....FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA


Don we now our gay apparel......FA LA LA  LA LA LA LA LA LA



Toll the ancient Yuletide carol.....FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA









See the blazing Yule before us.....FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA



Strike the harp and join the chorus.....FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

Our downstairs "Charilie Brown" tree...all decked out with the kids' ornaments





Follow me in merry measure......FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA




While I tell of Yuletide treasure.....FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA




Fast away the old year passes......FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA




Hail the new, ye lads and lasses.....FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA






Sing we joyous, all together......FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA 




Heedless of the wind and weather.....FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA


These were really the only spaces that I focused on this holiday season. Time and money constraints! But I actually like the more "simplified" theme this year....well, simplified for me anyways! :)

Besides our mantel in the Coffee Room and our front room being all Christmas-y...I let the kids decorate their own rooms for the holiday....and I showed you a pic of my son Gunnar's tree (decorated by him of course:)

While the upstairs is the style I most gravitate towards now...natural, found items....I go old-school in the basement (for the kids!)
I show my ever-growing Santa collection, and homemade gifts from years past. We DO spend Christmas morning in the basement...this is where Santa delivers his toys!! 

And here are some quick snapshots of how I chose to display our holiday cards....
burlap and clothespins of course!


I hope everyone has a MAGICAL Christmas this year!! 
I know that I can't wait to see what 2013 brings!
~Kim

1 comment:

Amy @ Five Kinds of Happy said...

Wow! This is very festive indeed! Not quite as 'simple' as you say I don't think...hehe :) Hope you've had a lovely Christmas!

This is "What I NEVER knew that I ALWAYS wanted"

A born and raised city girl, finding the country life to be the real me! Every day is an adventure, and each season brings new excitement and experiences. I am learning and loving the path of finding my true passion....making this little farm our HOME!