Friday, December 28, 2012

2012- Year of CHANGE- Part 1

2012

This year has been a different kind of year for us. 

I started writing on this blog more regularly....and have fallen in love with all the blogs I "follow". 
But it came because I had fallen OUT of love with what I was doing with my life. It was a much needed creative outlet....and distraction.



Then, I had more time on my hands because I lost a (part-time) job that I had for many years and was completely overwhelmed with my task of finding another. Along with injuring my back around the same time by falling out of the back of my Suburban (who does that anyways?) THIS GIRL!

I was left with the knowledge that I truly didn't know what I wanted to BE or DO with my time....



If I could just make money staying home, taking care of my beautiful farm and family and home, I WOULD in a heartbeat! But that is not reality!

So this past summer, I got a job with a temp agency, and began life as a full-time working mom......and HATED every second of it. My children were home for the summer, and I WASN'T! 



Gunnar had the hardest time with it....and would cry in the morning as I left. 



One day, I held him tight and made a promise that I would NOT work another summer. And was scared to death that I had no guarentee of keeping that promise! 

As the summer drew to an end, I received a call from our local elementary school. (I had long before applied there). They had many openings and wanted to see me for an interview. 

Was this the answer to my son's request? My promise I gave him?

The interview went EXTREMELY well, I thought, and I left there with high hopes of good, steady employment. 

Good news came a couple days later!!! I am now an employee for our school! 
My official title is "Teacher's Associate". 
But my little preschoolers call me "Ms. Kim". And one semester into it, I am completely IN LOVE with 38 little ones.....and have finally found where I am supposed to be.....


....at the same school as my own children, I take them to school....bring them home....we go out for friday after-school dates to Frozen Yogurt shops.....and most of all....

.....WHEN THEY ARE HOME, SO AM I.......

{sigh}

See, sometimes change IS a good thing! But it just takes a while to reveal itself!
~Kim

1 comment:

Debbi@Tattered Butterfly Studio said...

The worst thing is not being home with your kids. I'm so glad a door opened for your family!

This is "What I NEVER knew that I ALWAYS wanted"

A born and raised city girl, finding the country life to be the real me! Every day is an adventure, and each season brings new excitement and experiences. I am learning and loving the path of finding my true passion....making this little farm our HOME!