Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Gunnar's Beach, our little boy's room

Here is a story of our little family.....

                            

When Baileyhusband and I got married, we planned on having a large family. Somewhere along the way, we did get that large family! But it wasn't without a lot of surprises...and some heartaches.


Our oldest 2 children are girls (Emma and Sierra), they both came a little earlier in our relationship than expected (i.e. they were "oopses", good oopses, but still oopses, don't tell them!;)

I do believe that God has a plan for every one of us and our families.
After suffering a loss one year, we went on and had a healthy baby boy (Wyatt). A couple years later, we suffered another devastating loss and concluded WE WERE DONE! We had 3 children and now believed that is all we were "supposed" to have. But God had other plans for us.......and decided He was not done with us! Along came our little precious baby, Gunnar William!  


You see, this pregnancy was a little higher risk, there was early labor with under-developed lungs, bed-rest, tons of trips to the OB/GYN with my wild imagination always thinking "something was wrong". Yes, I was a little anxiety ridden with this little one. How could I NOT be? And when he was finally born, healthy as can be,  he came in a very dramatic way....but isn't the baby of the family always a little more dramatic anyways? :) 


My sweet boy is now 8 (almost 9....sniff sniff). And even though he was certainly a surprise, he totally completed our family! This is his room that I decorated for him while I was pregnant, although the crib and changing table has been replaced with 2 twin beds and a dresser. This ocean scene is calming...relaxing. Probably something I needed while pregnant....and the poor boy will have to live with for ....ever!


Yes, he has asked to have a sport themed room...one week, and then the next he wanted a camouflage room. And I am always telling him that he will just have to live with his ocean view!  


I am mean like that. His likes and tastes will change...and if he grows up and hates me for this, or is afraid of the water....I'm sure his therapist will blame his mother! 


And I'm OK with that....for he is the little miracle that God gave us, when we had given up. 



For now, I keep it fun for him to play....and restful for him to relax. 
And having 2 extra beds in the house is good for when company arrives too....sorry guests, your room with an ocean view will never change! 


Thanks little man for making our family complete, 
and for letting mommy clean your room and take pictures!

~Kim



6 comments:

Connie said...

It is a lovely room, made by a loving mother and it shows :)

Anonymous said...

I am curious of the mural--did you do that yourself? It is beautiful, as is the ship.

BaileyWife said...

I did not paint the mural, I have hired an artist to do several walls in my home. I give her details of my vision, and she got it right every time! I wish I was that talented!!

BaileyWife said...

Ah, thanks Connie!

Emily A. Clark said...

I loved reading your story. So sweet. (And, love a nautical room!) Thanks for linking up :)

Anonymous said...

Gunnar?

This is "What I NEVER knew that I ALWAYS wanted"

A born and raised city girl, finding the country life to be the real me! Every day is an adventure, and each season brings new excitement and experiences. I am learning and loving the path of finding my true passion....making this little farm our HOME!