Saturday, April 6, 2013

Where I've Been....

I know....
It's been a LONG time since I have been on my blog.

I've been reading all of my favorite blogs everyday, just not been posting any here.

I wanted to ease back into it slowly...
and fill all of you in on where I've been and what we've been up to.

As mentioned on my post about the blogger's Midwest Meet-up, I did go to the Chicago area over Spring Break and was fortunate enough to meet some amazing "new friends" from blog-land. But the unfortunate thing is....ready for this?....I did not take ONE SINGLE PICTURE!!! What?!?!? Here we were all bloggers and all I seemed to have taken pics of were the little shop we met at! 

I want to thank the lovely Jennifer Rizzo for making this meeting a reality....and her post is alot more informative than mine! Now I will show some pics that I did take......


See the large globe in the picture above? Yep, it came home with me! 
Thanks to my friend KariAnne from Thistlewood Farms for talking me into it...


The shop, called Room 363, which has it's own blog you can find here, is stuffed FULL of beautiful finds and inspiration! It is in an old house and each room has it's own look and style, I will definitely be stopping back in on my next visit to Chicago.


And speaking of Chicago.....I took my daughters with me on this little Field Trip to the awesome Windy City, and while there we did some MORE shopping on the Magnificent Mile (aka Michigan Ave.)


Even though this cowhide chair is a little too modern for our home, I would proudly own it....seriously THEE MOST COMFORTABLE thing ever!!!




Some time with my girls is all this mama needed! And a little vacation from reality is never a bad idea! :)



We were there on St. Patty's Day, and Chicago dyes the river green! 
Nice welcome for us Irishman Acres gals! 

My only regret was that we didn't stay longer, another couple days would have been nice!
Oh well, there is always next year! 

Now back to all the other things I've been doing.......laundry, dishes, running kids to practices, working at my day-time "real" job, and reading.....and not just the home decor magazines and catalogs....I have finally rediscovered my love of reading REAL books!!! 

We have also been busy doing not-so-fun projects around the farm.....
more on that another day! 

Hope you all have a great weekend! 
~Kim



4 comments:

thistlewoodfarm said...

It was so fun to meet you! You are just as wonderful as your blog!

Have a wonderful and blessed day rock star!
karianne

At Home in English Valley said...

So glad you liked Chicago...it has been my home my whole life but is more beautiful now than it ever has been. has it almost been a month since our meetup?...it was fun to meet so many creative women. take care, Penny

Connie said...

Your trip to Chicago made me a little bit home sick. We use to hop on the South Shore and ride the train into the city. I was raised in Michigan City, Indiana. My brother sold his home back there last year, so I may never make it back again, but there will always be a part of my heart back in the Midwest :)
I have been going through you blog and thought that it looked like a very nice and friendly place to visit. Therefore; I have just become your newest follower. Please accept my invitation to visit and follow me back. I have met the nicest people in blog-land. I am a retired activity director, a wife, mother and grandma. I send my life enjoying each wonderful day that the good Lord sends my way.
Your newest blogging sister, Connie :)

BaileyWife said...

Thanks Connie! Headed over now......

This is "What I NEVER knew that I ALWAYS wanted"

A born and raised city girl, finding the country life to be the real me! Every day is an adventure, and each season brings new excitement and experiences. I am learning and loving the path of finding my true passion....making this little farm our HOME!